Some celebrities have fans. Keanu Reeves has what feels like the entire internet rooting for him. Maybe it’s the action-hero cool, the endlessly quotable movies or the fact that, after decades of fame, he still comes across as someone you’d genuinely want to grab a coffee with. Whatever the reason, our collective love for Keanu runs deep—and with his birthday on Sept. 2, there’s no better time to revisit some of the best Keanu Reeves quotes.
Reeves got his start acting in the 1980s before winning over audiences in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure and, eventually, becoming the blockbuster star behind movies like Speed, The Matrix and John Wick. To celebrate his big day, we’ve rounded up our favorite quotes from his most popular films and best interviews. Some will make you laugh, some will inspire you and a few will probably make you want to plan a Keanu movie marathon immediately. (We support this decision.)
Read on for the best Keanu Reeves quotes, and prepare to love him just a little bit more.
Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more quotes, entertainment, fun facts, humor, travel and tech all week long.
Best Keanu Reeves quotes

- “It’s easy to stay grounded. The ground is very close. And we walk on it every day.”
- “It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.”
- “I think that a picture can tell a thousand words, and none of them can be right. Or true.”
- “Try and respect others. Try and continue to get the most out of life, and find ways to get that in this situation but also to respect it. Find ways to connect if you can. I mean, just … survive.”
- “I guess it’s just to my tastes to keep life as simple as I can.”
- “I don’t have kids or anything like that, so I get to be less responsible! The day is kind of like, ‘What, creatively, can I do?’”
- “Grief changes shape, but it never ends.”
- “Kissing someone is pretty intimate—actually, very intimate—and your heart always kind of skips a beat before you do that.”
- “Honestly, I try not to do anything I don’t want to do.”
- “All of these characters have some DNA of mine—I share it with the character.”
- “Once in a while, I have the moments where you drink the whiskey and you get the records out and you start doing the DJ thing until 4 in the morning.”
- “I’m always looking for catharsis.”
- “Grief and loss—those are things that don’t ever go away. They stay with you.”
- “I do think there must be some kind of interaction between your living life and the life that goes on from here.”
- “We’re all stardust, baby.”
Funny Keanu Reeves quotes

- “Riding a motorcycle is like being a puppy.”
- “I’m Mickey Mouse. They don’t know who’s inside the suit.”
- “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.”
- “I’m Hawaiian—we have cousins.”
- “I have no martial arts background. I only know movie kung fu.”
- “You know, I’m not an air guitar aficionado. But once in a while, the air guitar comes out.”
- “I am very grateful for the printing press and everything that has followed. Electricity is pretty great too.”
- “What would happen if you melted? You know, you never really hear this talked about much, but spontaneous combustion?”
- “As a kid, I didn’t dream of becoming a movie star. No, I dreamt of traveling to distant planets in flying machines.”
Best Keanu Reeves movie quotes

- “Party on, dudes!” —Keanu Reeves as Ted in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- “I know kung fu.” —Keanu Reeves as Neo in The Matrix
- “Yeah, I’m thinking I’m back.” —Keanu Reeves as John Wick in John Wick
- “I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn’t be our style. … Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever.” —Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco in The Replacements
- “Remember: Crazy not stupid.” —Keanu Reeves as Jack Traven in Speed
- “When something happens to you that hasn’t happened before, don’t you at least have to find out what it is?” —Keanu Reeves as Dr. Julian Mercer in Something’s Gotta Give
- “I saw her. I kissed her. I love her. And now she’s gone.” —Keanu Reeves as Alex Wyler in The Lake House
- “I caught my first tube today, sir.” —Keanu Reeves as Johnny Utah in Point Break
- “When you wake up, wipe the slugs off your face. Be ready for a new day!” —Keanu Reeves as Scott Favor in My Own Private Idaho
- “If we’re gonna waste the dude, we oughta get paid for it. I mean, that’s the American way, ain’t it?” —Keanu Reeves as Marlon in I Love You to Death
- “The man who embraces his mediocre nothingness shines greater than any.” —Keanu Reeves as Keanu Reeves in Always Be My Maybe
Why trust us
At Reader’s Digest, we’ve been sharing our favorite quotes for over 100 years. The sayings and quips that appear in the magazine’s “Quotable Quotes” (formerly “Remarkable Remarks”) are curated from interviews and essays originally published in the magazine, reprints from trusted titles and other verified sources. For this piece on Keanu Reeves quotes, writer Mariah Thomas tapped her experience covering quotes and entertainment to ensure that all information is accurate. Read more about our team, our contributors and our editorial policies.
The post Happy Birthday, Keanu Reeves! 35 Unforgettable Quotes That Show Exactly Why We Love Him appeared first on Reader's Digest.
from Reader's Digest https://ift.tt/ncFvDO6



Comments
Post a Comment