Skip to main content

EXCLUSIVE! Ashley Tisdale Shares Her Cozy Fall Routine, the Old-School Trend She Loves and Whether Her Disney Past Is Part of Her Kids’ Lives

If your idea of the perfect fall day involves pumpkin pancakes and a little Disney Channel nostalgia, Ashley Tisdale is right there with you. For a generation of fans, the actress and singer was everywhere—serving up laughs as Maddie Fitzpatrick on The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, stealing scenes as the fabulously over-the-top Sharpay Evans in High School Musical and giving voice to the perpetually exasperated Candace Flynn on Phineas and Ferb. These days, though, one of her favorite roles is happening off-screen: being a mom to daughters Jupiter, 5, and Emerson, 2.

In an exclusive interview with Reader’s Digest, Tisdale let us in on this very different—and decidedly cozier—chapter of her life. She shared her thoughts on motherhood, her beloved pets Sushi and Ziggy, and the fall traditions she looks forward to every year (pumpkin fans, you’re in good company). And because we couldn’t have Tisdale with us without channeling our inner Disney kid, we asked the questions longtime fans are probably wondering too: Does she ever rewatch High School Musical? And have her daughters seen their mom as Sharpay or discovered any of her other Disney alter egos?

Read on for our candid conversation with Ashley Tisdale, including details on her latest collaboration and a sneak peek at what’s next for her.

Get Reader’s Digest’s Read Up newsletter for more celebrity interviews, fun facts, humor, cleaning, travel and tech all week long.

This interview took place on Sept. 22, 2026, and has been edited for length and clarity.

Reader’s Digest: It’s cozy season! Fall has that back-to-school feel, not only for kids but also for adults. Is there anything about this time of year that makes you feel particularly nostalgic? 

Ashley Tisdale: Fall is so special to me because my husband and I got engaged in August, like 14 years ago, and then we got married 12 years ago in September. Whenever this time comes around, it makes me so happy. I love a chai latte around this time. It’s so yummy. We love to make the kids pumpkin pancakes. Fall takes me back to really special moments.

Reader’s Digest: Speaking of special moments, is there something from the early 2000s that you would love to bring back—and something that you’re happy we left in the past? Personally, I’m loving the skirts-over-jeans combo. 

Ashley Tisdale: It’s crazy you brought that up! [Someone I follow] was wearing a skirt over jeans in one of her social posts. I’m like, She’s bringing it back. I loved it too. Something I would not bring back is leg warmers—you know, the Abercrombie & Fitch leg warmers. That was a moment in time that should just stay there and never see the light of day again.

Reader’s Digest: What’s your ultimate fall-comfort lineup? 

Ashley Tisdale: I love the movie The Holiday. Any Nancy Meyers movie is my favorite. I’ve always been a humongous fan of hers, so even my 5-year-old loves Father of the Bride.

Reader’s Digest: High School Musical is such a comfort watch too. Do you ever rewatch the films? And have your children seen them?

Ashley Tisdale: My 5-year-old has definitely watched it and loves it. I don’t watch myself very often. It’s so funny because I definitely watched Disney growing up. I like movies like Hocus Pocus. But I don’t really watch the Disney movies as much now, and we keep it to a minimum. She’s a huge fan of the movie, but there’s only so many times I can listen to the songs and watch the movies.

Reader’s Digest: How has being a mom changed the way you look back at the younger version of yourself? 

Ashley Tisdale: Being a mom kind of connects me to my mom. I feel like it’s the best thing in the entire world. I love being a mom. I wasn’t someone who, when young, was like, Oh, one day I’m gonna get married and have kids. I was so focused on my work and career, and so I didn’t really think like that. I didn’t even expect it, and then obviously I got married and ended up having kids, so it’s kind of a surprise.

Mom and Dad say it all the time. They’re like, “Oh, my gosh, Jupiter is so you.” She’s definitely entertaining. It’s in her blood, and she loves musical theater and music. My husband is a composer, so she really does love music, and she’s really good at singing. I don’t want her in the business. I want her to choose it for herself if she wants to. But there is this thing in her that I see that I’m like, Wow, that’s what I probably was like.

Reader’s Digest: Fall tends to be when everyone gets back into routines after summer. What does getting your household back into a rhythm look like for you? 

Ashley Tisdale: We always try to stay in a rhythm. A routine is something that I think kids thrive with, so they do have a certain bedtime. We love to vacation in the summer, but we really try to always keep them on track. 

Reader’s Digest: Is there anything you always do to reset yourself at this time of year? 

Ashley Tisdale: I love meditations. Sometimes in the summer, I tend to fall off. I do it every single afternoon. I try to check in and do a little five-minute meditation. It’s just so good for our nervous systems. Having kids is always crazy and chaotic. [There’s] screaming, running around and then crying. It’s a lot, so I do try to take care of myself in that way.

Reader’s Digest: During this interview, you’ve been holding one of your adorable pets, Sushi. Where did her name come from? 

Ashley Tisdale: Sushi is just my love for sushi. At one point in my life, like right when I got her, I had take-out sushi. I had too many tuna rolls, so they were like, “You cannot have sushi for a minute. It was too much mercury.” So I was like, “What am I going to name her?” I’m like, “Oh, Sushi, because I can’t have it, but I love it!”

Reader’s Digest: Ziggy and Sushi are both part of the family. How would you describe their personalities, and who would you say causes the most mess at home? 

Ashley Tisdale: Ziggy definitely causes the most mess. She’s a very little, anxious dog. Their personalities are really cute. Sushi is just like a stuffed animal. I swear, she just sleeps with me. She’s just cuddled up right next to me.

Ziggy sleeps with us too, but she’s at the end of the bed. She does not want to be touching you, but Sushi’s just a little lover. She’s so sweet. She’ll let the kids pick her up and everything. Ziggy’s a little bit more all over the place. 

Reader’s Digest: How does enrichment fit into Ziggy and Sushi’s routine, especially when it comes to your partnership with Nylabone’s new chew toys with real meats?

Ashley Tisdale: I’m someone who cares what’s in my kids’ food and my food. So, of course, I’m going to care about what my dogs are chewing on and eating as well.  Ziggy does have anxiety, and so one of the tools that trainers have told us in the past was to distract her, and that’s usually with treats and chew toys. This is just something that keeps her entertained for hours. She loves it. Chewing also helps them be calmer.

I have so much going on during the day. I have two kids. It’s crazy in the morning. It’s chaotic, and so to have just a product that you can trust to give to your dogs, keeps them happy and is also really healthy for their gums, Nylabone was a no-brainer.

Reader’s Digest: What’s next for Ashley Tisdale?

Ashley Tisdale: There are so many exciting things coming up, but I can’t share too much. My product line, Being Frenshe, just launched at Ulta, which has been such a huge goal of mine. It’s really cool to see something that I created there.

Rapid response with Ashley Tisdale

Reader’s Digest: Dogs or cats?

Ashley Tisdale: Definitely dogs.

Reader’s Digest: Mornings or nights?

Ashley Tisdale: Mornings.

Reader’s Digest: Aisle seat or window?

Ashley Tisdale: Window.

Reader’s Digest: Would you rather travel to the past or the future?

Ashley Tisdale: I was thinking about this the other day. Probably the past. I think the future would leave me with too many questions. I’ll get anxious.

Reader’s Digest: What is your favorite book?

Ashley Tisdale: The Power to Heal.

Reader’s Digest: If you weren’t an actress or singer, what would you be doing?

Ashley Tisdale: I run a company, so I definitely think I have a thing for branding. I’d probably do brand marketing. 

Reader’s Digest: What advice would you give to your younger self?

Ashley Tisdale: Keep going. You’ll get there.

*Editor’s note: Reader’s Digest does not endorse any specific products or services. 

Why trust us

At Reader’s Digest, we’re committed to producing high-quality content by writers with expertise and experience in their field in consultation with relevant, qualified experts. We rely on reputable primary sources, including government and professional organizations and academic institutions as well as our writers’ personal experiences where appropriate. For this interview with Ashley Tisdale, Reader’s Digest Associate Editor Mariah Thomas tapped her experiences as a celebrity interviewer, writer and editor. We verify all facts and data, back them with credible sourcing and revisit them over time to ensure they remain accurate and up to date. Read more about our team, our contributors and our editorial policies.

The post EXCLUSIVE! Ashley Tisdale Shares Her Cozy Fall Routine, the Old-School Trend She Loves and Whether Her Disney Past Is Part of Her Kids’ Lives appeared first on Reader's Digest.



from Reader's Digest https://ift.tt/Q3zHNeE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

41 of the Most Useful Mac Keyboard Shortcuts

Everyone wants everything they do on their computer to be fast. Their Internet connection, the speed they type, and how quickly they can save, open, and alter documents. These mac keyboard shortcuts can help you do just that. Try out these Mac hotkeys to make your browsing, typing, and viewing experiences a little more convenient. Here are some keyboard shortcuts that will make web browsing so much easier . Mac keyboard shortcuts allow you to do things on your computer that would typically require you to use a mouse, trackpad, or another device with a combination of the keys on your keyboard. To find the Mac shortcuts that are already set up on your device, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts. From there you can look through the different mac keyboard shortcuts that are set up for your keyboard, launchpad and dock, Mission Control, Spotlight, and so on. To change an existing shortcut you can select the one you want to change, click on the key combination, and then ty...

30 Math Puzzles (with Answers) to Test Your Smarts

Math is not everyone’s favorite, understandably. Hours of math homework and difficult equations can make anyone sour on the subject. But when math problems are outside of a school setting, there’s no time limit to do them, and they’ve got a fun, more whimsical concept than just finding x, they can be great activities for kids. (And adults, of course!) They test your brain and critical thinking skills, provide some constructive, educational fun,  and  provide tangible examples of math lessons you’ll actually use in real life . Math puzzles come in plenty of different varieties, too. Some more straightforward number puzzles do require calculations to find the solution. Others are more like logic puzzles and challenge you to look for a pattern. Still others present the puzzle through pictures, making them great for visual learners. From  Reader’s Digest ‘s “Mind Stretchers” books, these math puzzles have a bit of everything! If you’re more of a riddles person, we’ve got reg...

Will Cicadas Destroy Your Garden? 10 Things You Need to Know

It’s easy to wince thinking about the mass emergence of insects like cicadas. Their numbers can reach millions per acre, creating a near-deafening buzzing chorus. So it’s understandable that questions like, “Will cicadas eat my plants?” immediately spring to mind. But cicadas are also pretty fascinating and play important roles in the ecosystem. “Cicadas inspire wonder in our world!” says Jennifer Hopwood, senior pollinator conservation specialist at the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation. “They spend most of their life underground next to the same plant roots. Somehow, these creatures are able to track the years that pass by and time their emergence with other periodical cicadas in the region to overwhelm predators. They are amazing little critters.” Here’s a rundown of what to know about cicadas, good and bad, including whether or not they eat plants and how to protect your trees during an emergence. Get Readers Digest s Read Up newsletter for more gardening, humor, cl...